Flickr is one of the most popular photo hosting site on the Internet. It is used by professionals, as well as amateurs. The service from Yahoo provides an online storage space of 1TB which is massive. Signing up for a Flickr account is easy with your Yahoo credentials, but deleting it can be a little tricky if you are not very familiar with the process. Below are the steps to delete your Flickr account:
1. Login to your Flickr account which you want to delete with your Yahoo login credentials.
2. Then, go to http://www.flickr.com/account. A similar screen like below will be seen. Click the line in Red color which states as ‘Delete Your Flickr Account‘.
3. You will get a few messages to read, after which you click ‘OK-NEXT’.
4. You will now get a dialogue box asking you to enter your account password. Tick the box before I fully understand and then, click ‘DELETE MY ACCOUNT’.
- Make sure that you have a backup copy of all the photos which you have uploaded to Flickr. Unlike Facebook where you can restore your account, Flickr completely deletes your account. There is no further possibility to undo the deletion action.
- There is also a direct Flickr account deletion link which can be accessed from the url - http://www.flickr.com/account/delete/. However, you should access the url after you are logged in to your account.
- If there are images which you have shared publicly, then you should delete them manually. Sometimes, deletion of an account doesn’t result in deletion of all the images which you have shared. You can always contact Flickr customer support for help.
- Your Flickr account is associated with Yahoo. If you delete your the Yahoo account, all your Flickr accounts will automatically be deleted.